Saturday, July 19, 2008

She Hit the Floor

Haven't blogged in a while, sorry about that. Maybe it's because there are no thoughts lately. I still can't get used to it. Still think I'm on a vacation and don't know when it'll end. Can't get into routine without a job. Been selectively job hunting for a couple of months now, got some good leads but nothing materialized yet. Going nuts! Everyone tells me it takes time to find a good job. I know it does. I know how it goes. I was there, I posted a vacancy, paperwork, budget, interviews, and it did take a long time, I think it took about 2 months to find Basma and almost the same with Christine, and they were beautiful choices on my part, heheh :)

I'm good at what I do, I think. I was told repeatedly. Not being an ass but trying not to slip. I must keep reminding myself. I'm sure it will happen, eventually. I hope it does.

Folks on summer vacation in Egypt. Feels kinda weird since this is the first summer I spend alone. I'm not entirely alone, I have good friends here. But it's just... Not the same. Different home, car, furniture, food, life, everything. My own apartment feels kinda good. My new life feels good but scary.

When to OttawaU a couple of times to straighten out some paperwork. University of Ottawa seems amazing. Scared and looking forward to my Masters. Hoping that will be the tipping point of my life. Anxious.

Housework is exhausting. I lived like a slob in Egypt. Not a slob as much as a pampered mama's boy. Money is the solution to everything. It's nothing like that here. I realized I was quite anal about housework. When I do get off my ass and do housework, it has to be perfect. When I cook (about twice or thrice a week), I leave everything for about two or three days until I can't find a clean plate or fork, and then I decide to wash the dishes. I spend a good hour washing the dishes, and making sure everything is spotless and squeaks when you rub your finger on it. I also Shit, I just spotted something that appears to be a small cockroach crawling under the TV bench! God bless Raid, it killed the bitch. Sorry about that.

Enough for now.

(If you're wondering about the blog title, it's the chorus of the song Low by Flo Rida featuring T-Pain, no particular reason why I chose it as this blog title, it was just stuck in my head, got kinda cool rythem to it - check it out)

2 comments:

AfafShiha said...

hamdella 3al salama :) enta feen men zaman ya ragel :) :)

Sherif Hussein said...

heheh, ana hena aho :)