Saturday, May 17, 2008

New Place

Got a new place downtown. Nice cute little place. It ain't much, but it's mine! My first place actually, which kinda feels good.

Bought a bunch of furniture from Ikea which I had to cram into my tiny compact rental which much to my suprize fit! Had to install everything on my own.

I am spoilt, I am used to leisure and luxury, but I never really thought that a makwagy was luxury! I never imagined that furniture delivery was luxury! Very small things keda that you always did people here frown upon! Making an illegal u-turn, having help around the house, that sort of stuff - nothing here like that, you're on your own!

There is something wrong with my address, seems like the previous tentant requested a cancellation of his cable and when I requested cable on the same address it seemed to have completely fucked up the system. Now I have to wait a week for the service to be activated. So basically I'm now stuck with free-to-air channels, which sucks - but hey, at least I have internet...

The heater in my apartment seems to be broken and I am practically melting here! Tried to call the superintendant and got voicemail. Crap.

No comments: